What is an affidavit?
An affidavit is a sworn or affirmed statement made before a notary public or any public official who has the authority to administer oaths. It is made under penalty of perjury. The notary must administer an oath or affirmation to the signer(s), witness the signing of the document, and certify the document with an official signature and seal.
What is the notary’s role?
The notary completes a notarial certificate called a jurat, which is added to an affidavit to document when, where, and before whom the sworn or affirmed statement was made.
Why choose Sunrise Notary for Affidavits?
Schedule A Notary Service Now
Call (725) 258-6265 to book your notary appointment. Or use the form below to schedule your notary service and we’ll contact you back as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: We are not attorneys in the State of Nevada and are not licensed to give legal advice. As such, we may not accept fees for providing legal advice.
Helpful Information About Affidavits
Steps to have an Affidavit notarized
- The signer must appear in person.
- We will look over the document to make sure it contains no blanks or information that was whited out or altered. If any corrections were made or need to be made, we will verify that with you.
- We will verify the identity of the signer, which will require the signer to present a form of government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Make sure the signer is acting willingly.
- Complete the notarization properly.
- Record the notarization in our notary journal or official record book.
Popular Types Of Affidavits:
- Court affidavits
- Power of attorney affidavit
- Affidavit for self-proving will
- Lost document affidavit
- Financial affidavit
- Identity theft affidavit
Frequently Asked Questions About Affidavits
What is the purpose of an affidavit?
Does an Affidavit have to be notarized?
What is the price for an affidavit from Sunrise Notary?
Our price is simple and easy, it’s $15 for first signature, $7.50 for each individual signature.