Notaries are official witnesses who verify the identity of individuals signing important documents and affirm the authenticity of their signatures. They play an essential role in the legal process, ensuring that important transactions are secure and valid. Here are five reasons why you should hire a notary for your significant documents.
One of the most significant benefits of using a notary is that they provide legal validity to your documents. A notary’s signature and seal serve as evidence that the document has been properly executed and can be relied upon as authentic. This can be especially crucial in situations where legal action may be taken, such as real estate transactions or the creation of a will.
Protects Against Fraud
Notaries serve as an extra layer of protection against fraud. They verify the identity of the signatories and ensure that the document is being signed voluntarily and without coercion. This helps to minimize the risk of fraudulent activity and ensures that all parties involved are aware of the legal implications of their signatures.
Using a notary can be a convenient way to handle important transactions. Rather than traveling to multiple locations or meeting with various parties, a notary can come to you and handle the process in a timely and efficient manner. This can save time and reduce the stress associated with managing important transactions.Protects Sensitive Information.
You can also sit in the comfort of your living room or office and meet with a notary electronically. Electronic notarization allows for documents to be notarized using a web cam with the final product in electronic form.
Here is how it works:
- Signers go to a reputable vendor either on a desktop computer or a mobile device.
- The notary uploads the documents that need to get notarized.
- The next step is for the software to confirm the signer’s identity. For most vendors this means that the signer will take a photo of both sides of their driver’s license and enter the last four digits of their Social Security number. The vendor you are using will authenticate the driver’s license, something that a notary cannot do with a traditional paper notary book.Once the driver’s license has been submitted, the signer will answer a series of “knowledge-based authentication” questions that are personal to them. You have done this when you have signed up for banking and credit sites. Questions might include places you have lived and not lived or cars you have owned, etc.
If your signer cannot accurately answer enough of the questions in a specific amount of time, they will be locked out of the system and notarization will not take place.
- Once the identity of the signer has been confirmed, they are connected by video camera to a notary who, pursuant to the state laws in which they are certified, can legally do a remote notarization.Once on the video, the notary continues a set of questions to assure the person is legitimate and that they are of sufficient mental capacity to have the document notarized.
- The document is then electronically signed (initials can even be completed for every page) and the remote notary attaches the electronic notary to the document. The document is then electronically sealed and made tamper-resistant. You then have the ability to prove that the document that was signed was not changed after the signature was attached.
Protects Sensitive Information
Notaries are bound by strict ethical standards and confidentiality laws, which protect sensitive information contained in the documents they witness. This provides an added level of security for sensitive information, such as financial details, personal information, and other confidential data.
Peace of Mind
Working with a notary can provide peace of mind knowing that the process has been handled professionally and that your documents are legally valid. Notaries are trained professionals who understand the legal requirements and procedures necessary to execute a transaction effectively.
This means that you can feel confident that your documents are in good hands and that the process will be handled correctly.
There are numerous benefits to hiring a notary for your important documents. Notaries provide legal validity, protect against fraud, offer convenience, protect sensitive information, and provide peace of mind. Whether you’re executing a real estate transaction, creating a will, or handling other important business, a notary can help ensure that your documents are properly executed and legally valid.
You can reach out to a trusted notary with over 25 years experience with confidence by contacting Sunrise Notary. Reach out to us today for your notary appointment.